Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Displaced

The city of Atlanta houses many of the corporate offices for some of the top corporations in the United States. Earlier this week I received notification that my application to the headquarters of a fast food joint had been rejected. How does that happen? I mean seriously! Fast food is the guaranteed go to job when you're searching for employment. I understand the corporate office holds individuals to higher standards but I never imagined getting swiped denied by a fast food organization. I feel lower than low right now. It's not like I'm unqualified. I have a MBA for goodness sake! My pride won't let me call them and ask why they didn't want me. I need a drink in the worst way; however I've decided to abstain from wine this week after I drunk dialed Stephan and sent a tipsy text to my ex. Those drunken decisions are guaranteed to yield a couple of uncomfortable situations for me in the future. 

Speaking of uncomfortable situations, Judy dropped a bomb on me this week. More than likely she is going to be moving back to the Midwest very soon. She has a very legit reason for wanting to move. Honestly if I was in her situation I would leave too. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't selfishly sad right now though. She's been letting me occupy her guest bedroom so if she leaves before I have a job, I'm basically going to be homeless. Not to mention, she's my only friend here and I'll be super lonely when she's gone. I've already been missing my friends from back home but this makes me miss them that much more.

It also doesn't help that I've already been feeling like a half ass friend lately. My friend C.J. recently got engaged and I feel like crap because I can't be there to help her plan. I probably won't have enough money to fly back to watch her try on dresses or just help with the other regular best friend duties. She's always been there for all of my important moments and I feel like I'm dropping the ball right now. My other best friend, Destiny, is about to celebrate her bday and this will be the first time I won't be with her to hit our signature happy dance. All of my friends know that I treat birthdays like national holidays so the fact that I won't be there is eating me up on the inside.

So with no job, minimal local friends and potentially no where to stay, I must admit that I'm feeling a tad bit defeated. And on top of all that, I'm having issues with one of my tires and may need to buy a new one. That's an expense that I clearly wasn't prepared for.  I'm overwhelmed right now and just want to go to sleep. Prayerfully tonight's dreams will be better than today's reality.


Defeat should never be a source of discouragement but rather a fresh stimulus- Robert South 

No comments:

Post a Comment